How we use your personal information
- As a company providing specialist veterinary services, we may need to process your personal data. We will do so only in accordance with this statement.
- Much of the information we collect and hold will be/have been provided by you, but some may come from other sources, such as your primary veterinary surgeon.
- Where you are or enquire about becoming a client, the basis for us processing your personal data will be to enter into and perform the contract between us.
- We may also use your personal data to send you information that we believe will be of interest to you; in these cases the basis for us processing your personal data will be legitimate interest. We will not process your data in this way where these interests are overridden by your own interests. You can at any time contact us (details below) to request us to stop sending you this information if you do not wish to receive it.
- It is our policy to retain clinical records, and as such, personal data for a period of five (5) years to accommodate on-going care and the potential need to refer to clinical records.
- Other than as mentioned below, we will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you, for instance we may need to pass on certain information to your pet insurance provider.
- Personal information may be shared with your insurance company and primary veterinary surgeon, with whom you should already have a relationship. In addition, data (limited to your surname) may be shared with providers of other clinical services (e.g. laboratories) to ensure proper case identification and with third-parties collaborating in clinical research projects; on occasion this data may be sent to a third country.
- In limited and necessary circumstances, your information may be transferred outside of the EEA or to an international organisation providing necessary clinical services. Wherever possible this data will be limited to your surname.
- We confirm that we have in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal data from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, damage or destruction.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as, in certain circumstances, the right to data portability.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to your personal data.
- Davies Veterinary Specialists Ltd. is the data controller for the purposes of the GDPR.
- If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Davies Veterinary Specialists Ltd., Manor Farm Business Park, Higham Gobion, Hitchin, Hertfordshire SG5 3HR