Our payment policies explained
We understand that going through specialist treatment with your pet can be worrying, and we also understand that insurance claims can add to that. At Davies, we have a dedicated finance team who are on hand to help you and make this process as simple as possible.
You’ll find links to some useful information and FAQs below.
A quick summary…
- If you are paying for treatment yourself or claiming back the cost of treatment from your insurance company, our standard consultation fee is payable at your first appointment and a 50% payment is required on admission, should your pet need further treatment or hospitalisation.
- If you are insured, you’ll need to get in touch with your insurance company to let them know your pet has been referred to us.
- We can help you through the process of an ‘indirect claim’ or a ‘direct claim’.
- An indirect claim means you pay in full after your appointment or on collection and then your insurance company will reimburse you directly. 50% of the estimated cost is requested at the end of the initial consultation. Simply bring your insurance claim form to your appointment and we will help process this.
- We also do ‘direct claims’ (this is where we would be reimbursed by your insurance company). If you would like us to make a direct claim through your insurance company on your behalf, please contact our client care team as this must be arranged prior to your first appointment. Our ability to do a direct claim is subject to approval.
- In some cases we can facilitate a payment plan, please contact our client care team on 01582 883950 if you would like to discuss this.
- We accept most major credit cards, bank transfers and banker’s drafts, but we do not accept cheques. We also accept online payment transactions from MyPetPortal.