Professional Training Opportunities at Davies Veterinary Specialists
As a well respected, RCVS approved, training centre we offer the clinical training and work experience essential for undergraduate and postgraduate Veterinary Professionals through our internship and residency programmes. We also offer EMS placements for final year undergraduate veterinary students.
Read on to find out more about the programmes we offer and how you can apply.
Ready to start out on the path to a career unlike any other?
Here’s where you begin: on a 12-month Linnaeus rotating veterinary internship with Davies, one of the largest, most exciting small animal referral hospitals in Europe. Learn from the best, gain hands-on experience and start out on a journey towards a career that’s as rewarding and fulfilling as it is successful.
Our 12-month rotating veterinary internship programme has been in place for a number of years, offering rotations through Orthopaedics, Soft Tissue, Medicine, Cardiology, Oncology and a night rotation. There is also the option to rotate to Neurology, Ophthalmology or Anaesthesia.
The programme includes some structured learning, but much of your experience and development is provided through working with our specialists and managing cases in a clinical business setting. We also have speciality specific internships in Diagnostic Imaging and Ophthalmology.
Many of our interns go on to achieve Residency training positions.
There’s no better place to learn
- Structured 12-month veterinary internship rotating through clinical disciplines
- 1:1 mentoring with a trained mentor and small group seminar teaching
- Work closely with nurses and specialists to deliver optimal 24-hour patient care
- Gain hands-on experience in different clinical rotations with a large and varied caseload
- Get involved with case management in liaison with primary clinicians, fully involving you in triage and assessment of out-of-hours emergencies
- Opportunity to develop a truly successful career within Linnaeus’ unrivalled network of referral hospitals and primary care practices
Brilliant benefits for brilliant veterinary interns
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Comprehensive induction period
- Structured training
- CPD opportunities
- Private health care
- Pension scheme
Ready to apply?
Applicants need to be:
- A Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons with 1-2 years’ experience in UK small animal practice
- Mature, focused, keen and practical
- Excellent at communication and a team player
To find out more about Linnaeus rotating veterinary internship programmes and to apply, click the link below.