10th December 2021
c.£25,000 per annum and great benefits
Davies is a team of over 180 people based in a large practice on the Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire border. Founded over 20 years ago, we are extremely proud of all we have achieved and of the team work that has allowed us to deliver outstanding care year on year.
We now have a unique opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Operative to join our Facilities Team. As a veterinary hospital providing 24/7 care, the site and buildings present complex maintenance challenges and will need pragmatic and innovative solutions.
Responsibilities of the role are:
- To oversee and deliver an efficient and effective maintenance service within Davies and to assist in the well-being, comfort & safety of our clients and staff.
- To ensure the maintenance of a well decorated, safe and comfortable environment throughout the Davies site, in line with quality standards and ensures that work processes comply with statutory regulations.
- To carry out and promote maintenance of all of the interior and exterior aspects of the facilities, normally including basic joinery minor plumbing and minor electrical works also decorative repairs and some area cleaning, lifting, carrying and assisting with consumables /deliveries, and to carry our reactive and planned maintenance tasks as directed.
- Demonstrable experience of 3 years or more in contract/commercial maintenance
- Skilled in all basic handyman tasks, cleaning drains, rodding toilets etc. and willing to undertake any other general maintenance tasks as directed.
- A relevant NVQ3 or equivalent qualification within one of the key disciplines, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry would be preferred.
- Able to work at heights without issue
- Proven skill of stock control of materials and sundry items
- Understanding of paint material and coverage
- Good general knowledge of building and mechanical services.
- Has access to car and current clean UK driving licence.
- Able to be part of an OOH on call rota.
We offer fantastic benefits including a generous pension scheme, private healthcare and life cover.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Further details about us can be found at www.vetspecialists.co.uk.
How to apply
Simply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be 16 years old or older to submit a form.
Linnaeus Veterinary Limited trading as Davies Veterinary Specialists 01582 883950
©2022 Davies Veterinary Specialists