Working with our nursing team: all you need to know
At Davies Veterinary Specialists, our philosophy is quite simple: we believe that a strong, passionate, dedicated nursing team should be at the heart of any successful practice. That’s why we give every single one of our nurses the opportunity to take real responsibility for case management – and create a truly supportive environment, where you’ll always be empowered to show initiative and perform to your very best.
Different backgrounds, one shared purpose
You might be asking yourself, how do you actually become a Davies nurse? Well, whilst a lot of our nurses have been recruited from general practice (with, in the majority of cases, many years of veterinary nursing experience) we also recruit those who have recently completed their nursing training too. In fact, more and more we’re employing a mixture of highly experienced and newly qualified nurses– making Davies a truly exciting place to either utilise existing skills, or develop new ones.
There are a few differences between general practice and a dedicated referral practice like ours. The important thing to always remember: you’ll be working with a committed, supportive team and building a rewarding, fascinating career in a unique environment!
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Then we’re looking for you!
If you’re a motivated, talented Registered Veterinary Nurse who’s excited about the next stage in their nursing career, you could be exactly what we’re looking for (and vice versa). What will a career in referral veterinary nursing give you? Here are a few things to consider, for example:
• a new and exciting challenge – every single day
• the chance to expand your skillset
• an incredible opportunity to experience a large and varied case load
• demanding – yet rewarding – work, that will push you to be your best
• a great opportunity to experience multiple care disciplines
• the chance to work alongside highly experienced, highly skilled veterinary specialist
• an unmissable opportunity to assist with ground-breaking treatment that is at the cutting edge of veterinary care
The opportunities are endless. Our nursing roles in greater detail...
At Davies, you will get the opportunity to work in Diagnostic, Patient Care and Theatre Nursing roles, you will be supported in each area and there are opportunities to specialise if you wish.